IFRTD Opinions Fair April Competition
The April theme for IFRTD's monthly Opinions Fair writing competition is Gender and Rural Transport.
You are invited to submit a short opinion piece examining the issue from the perspective of your own working experience or studies. The monthly winner will receive a £100 prize and their opinion piece will be published on the IFRTD website.
1. Only 1 entry per person per month.
2. There is a strict word limit of 1000 words - entries exceeding this limit will be disqualified.
3. Entries can be made in English, French or Spanish.
4. One photo illustrative of your submission can be included. Max size 500kb if sent electronically. Anything larger will be deleted.
5. Entries must be received by the IFRTD Secretariat by the last day of the month.
6. Submission can be made by email, fax or post. IFRTD cannot be responsible for entries that are delayed in the post or lost in cyberspace.
7. 1 winner per month will receive £100 as a prize and their winning entry will be published online in the issues section of the IFRTD website. www.ifrtd.org
8. Non-winning entries may also be published online on the IFRTD website. IFRTD reserves the right to publish all entries received on the IFRTD website. Full credit to the author will be given at all times.
9. Winners will be contacted directly and announcements will be made in the IFRTD e-newsletter. IFRTD Secretariat cannot enter into correspondence regarding the selection of winners.
HOW TO ENTER:
- email submissions to email@example.com
- post submissions to IFRTD Secretariat, 113 Spitfire Studios, 63-71 Collier Street, London, N1 9BE, United Kingdom
- fax submissions to +44 (0) 20 7713 8290
Remember to include your full name and contact details with your submission.
MONTHLY THEMES FOR 2007 :
January - Bicycles (See winning entry here)
February - Rural Transport Safety (See winning entry here)
March - Rural Transport Maintenance
April - Rural Transport and Gender
May - Rural Transport and Disability
June - Transport and Governance
July - Rural Transport and Employment
August - Rural Transport and the Environment
September - Rural Transport and Decentralisation
October - Rural Transport and Health
November - Rural Transport and Education
December - Rural Transport and ICTs
If you send a submission in advance please mark the month of submission clearly.
Safety and Security IMTs
Regional West and Central Africa
Mobility as a Human Right
Regional East and South Africa
Regional Latin America