Subscribe to RSS Feed
Call for Papers
TRB have put out a call for papers on behalf of the Women's Issues in
Transportation Committee. There is a topic on transportation issues in
developing countries (relating to the Millennium Development Goals). More
information can be found at http://gulliver.trb.org/am/cfp/2006/ABE70.pdf and at http://www.trb.org/conferences/CallsForPapers/default.asp?event=68
Papers are invited on the topics of:
- Environmental justice and women’s issues
- Transportation issues in developing countries - Demonstrate the importance of access and mobility for the achievement of universal education, gender equity, reductions in
maternal mortality. In particular, focus on the role of transport in attaining the Millennium Development Goals.
- Issues related to children’s transportation to school
- Sustainable Transport - In particular in relation to social exclusion and access to
activities with a focus on non-work activities and recreation
- Transit security
- Homeland security and border state issues - In relation to the impact on employment that increased homeland security and changes in border state issues have, especially in areas/fields with a largely female workforce.
Papers should discuss these topics from the viewpoint of gender. Other transportation related to emerging or established women's issues in transportation will also be considered for presentation.
Please indicate ABE70 on the Submission Review form to indicate that the paper is being submitted in response to this call for papers.
Papers for the 2006 Annual Meeting must be submitted electronically no later
than August 1, 2005. Papers cannot be accepted after August 1, 2005
because of the time required for peer review and program development.
Paper submission information is posted on the TRB website
In addition, authors who have submitted papers are requested to send the paper number and title to the TRB Committee on Women's Issues in Transportion by August 3, 2005 to Miranda Carter by Email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 442079446102